Sunday, February 12, 2012

HBD Sissy!

Happy 25th Birthday to my beautiful sister Krissy! She is my sounding board, fashion inspiration, roomie, dj, friend and is pretty much the best kind :) 

I am so lucky to spend my days l-i-v-i-n with you!
 
She doesn't like cake, so birthday cupcakes were not an option...instead, she got her favorite sweet treat: m&m cookies! She loves the buttery dough mixed with the crunch from the milk chocolate shell of m&m's. Seriously, these are really the only sweet treat of mine that she will eat!

I do agree that they are pretty decisious...here is the recipe:

m&m cookies (I usually cut this in half)
1c brown sugar
1/2 c granulated sugar
1c room tempurature unsalted butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
2 1/4 c flour
2 c m&ms

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Combine sugars, butter and vanilla and beat until creamy. Add in eggs and beat. Mix in baking soda and salt and then add in flour and beat until mixed well. stir in m&ms. I usually throw in any other ingredients that sound good...a few drak chocolate chips, some walnuts...whatever you have.

Drop spoonfulls on to a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper or foil. I always use a little scooper so my cookie turnout about the same size. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Recipe yeilds 3 - 4 dozen cookies depending on cookie size.

How was your weekend?? Do anything fun? 

No comments:

Post a Comment