Sunday, January 29, 2012

What I made: Sewing machine cover

Happy Sunday Everyone! Look at what I made today!!!


I saw this sewing project of Martha Stewarts a while ago and today I found the perfect fabric to make it out of! I used the directions as guidelines and made the following modifications.

The directions call for a large dish towel as the source of fabric, instead I bought a yard of fabric and sewed wrong sides together with an 1/4 seam and cut it down to fit the machine. To bind the edges, I used double bias tape and cute slits to allow for the ribbon. If I was making it again, I would either close the seams so they are not visible or use a wider bias tape...there are certainly parts where I didn't get it the tape close enough to the seam! Oh well! I highly doubt the sewing police are going to come by and check my stiching!! This was a simple project and only took a few hours.

How was your weekend? Anyone do anything crafty??

xo, M

1 comment: